User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gahan @ Sep 28 2008, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>DHEA and NAC are awesome adjuncts to amps as well. DHEA up to 150mg/day if you are under a lot of stress, and start feeling like you are getting 'sucked dry'. It patches that shit right up.</div>
    Should the DHEA be taken all at once in the morning with the stimulant or spread throughout the day? Have you noticed a difference?
    Prophet of the Day of Rockening...The Arockalypse!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frangible @ Sep 2 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If the music itself doesn't elevate your testosterone levels, you clearly do not have a Jay Black approved band.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (how am i not myself? @ Sep 29 2008, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How about mucuna pruriens extract? Forget l-tyrosine and DLPA; bypass that rate-limiting step with l-dopa. It increases HGH levels too! You don't have to be a skinny twerp addicted to speed; you can be big dude addicted to speed. Just remember to cycle use! Also, uh, work-out before dosing.</div>
    Has anyone used amphetamine with l-dopa or that bulk 1-carboxy stuff? Are they the same thing really?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frangible @ Sep 2 2009, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>If the music itself doesn't elevate your testosterone levels, you clearly do not have a Jay Black approved band.</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oversoul711 @ Sep 28 2008, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>"Yeah, maybe after consistent use/dosing of 18-24 months in conjunction with disciplined behavior modification. That is only referring to ADHD, too."

Yes, I agree that this would be helpful after months of use in conjunction with behavior modification. Actually, thats exactly why I posted it!

"Most people I know and all the anecdotal reports I've read state that test use doesn't have a real, beneficial effect in helping ADHD. If anything, it has made it worse."
    Any evidence to support testosterone NOT having ANY possible beneficial effects for those with ADHD? There are studies supporting exogenous testosterone therapy as having cognitive-enhancing effects.

"Saying all of these do both is a bit of a stretch. In few individuals/small groups yes, but definitely not the majority."
    I agree, once again, I posted all of this info because more could benefit compared to me posting info related to only one or two supplements...

"Okay, there you go - they worked great for you, but like I just said the majority they will not."</div>
    Once again, I posted the info precisely because I know SOME PEOPLE may potentially benefit...

I am just posting information because this is something I like to do. I make no claims that what I post is some kinda panacea for all humanity..
    ".. I imagine him (Ergoman) as either some neo monk who has such a perfect balance with his body that he notices even the slightest difference from something..."..."Or he's a sup company rep with the worst computer skills I've ever seen... maybe he's playing dumb to trick us..."-Supnut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gahan @ Sep 29 2008, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>How many vital processes are DXM, PCP or Ketamine involved in?</div>

Has everyone forgot about L-Theanine? NDMA, AMPA, Kainate it's an across the board glutamate receptor antagonist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All right I think we may have a solution to this problem that is much cheaper and more readily available than memantine. This compound also has numerous other benefits, and is completely 100% natural.

I really hope Colin reads this.

Agmatine. Agmatine is a NMDA antagonist that has been shown in studies to prevent morphine tolerance, in fact dosing morphine depletes endogenous Agmatine levels. It also modulates Ca++ channels in addition to NMDA antagonism, but I haven't read those studies yet. Plus it appears to be very good for bodybuilding, and also has anxiolytic and antidepressant action.

Besides the above, it doesn't have any typical NMDA-antagonist side effects, even at insane doses. One should be able to run it for under 1$ per day.

EDIT: Linky to a good primer

http://www.aapsj.org/view.asp?art=aapsj080356
    Amor Fati

God, I murdered a lot of innocent animals in the name of literature- Robert Ruark

The dawn speeds a man on his journey, and speeds him too in his work. - Hesiod

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SteveSliwa @ Oct 4 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Has everyone forgot about L-Theanine? NDMA, AMPA, Kainate it's an across the board glutamate receptor antagonist.</div>

Also a very good possibility. Besides being an antagonist, it reduces the amount of glutamate produced by mimicking glutamine.
    Amor Fati

God, I murdered a lot of innocent animals in the name of literature- Robert Ruark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everybody ... I'm not posting much, sorry for missing people's questions a little. I'm trying to curb my internet use ... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] Agmatine seems interesting, Gahan.

As I mentioned briefly in the other thread, what I suspect is that half-life is important. Memantine's half-life is 40-60 hours, and it is possible that for various reasons* the actual effective duration, in terms of our desired effect -- buffering elevated NMDA transmission, is shorter. In the case of ketamine, its half-life is usually listed as 2.5-3 hours, but recreational users find that the primary effect is about 1 hour, with some trailing down and then an effect that might be parsed as a glutamatergic rebound. (Incidentally, I spoke to a guy who found the ketamine rebound helped him learn languages rapidly and he used it for exactly this purpose; he would inject it, travel the spaceways for an hour and a half, and then break out the books ...)

Me and the other guy (andrewb from dr-bob forums) who logged memantine in detail found that adding a 10mg dose in the evening (to a total of 30mg for him and 40mg for me) was necessary for a satisfactory mood/motivation-antitolerance effect. It's possible that this is just a function of dose, but actually what I suspect is that an evening dose helps maintain stable blood levels, and stable effect.

Most exogenous agents applied for any length of time stimulate a rebound effect after they are withdrawn, after blood levels decrease. This is kind of critical in the case of our highly theoretical working model ... if glutamatergic activity is heavily potentiated in the wake of diminishing NMDA antagonist effect, then desensitization of nucleus accumbens dopaminergic transmission might still occur, and you're back at square one, get the picture? And also I think that, according to the working model, you still would want to be covered even when you're not on the amphetamine ... the desensitization of dopaminergic transmission isn't strictly a direct tolerance response to amphetamine, it just seems to happen when glutamate is elevated past some level.

So this is a possible reason that, from the body of anecdote, that (it seems) DXM and ketamine have not really worked for people, and memantine has. (Besides that DXM/ketamine do not possess the special property of memantine in terms of being far more active, dose-dependently, when glutamate transmission itself is higher, and this is probably the reason memantine does not fuckyouup as much.)

Perhaps if these agents were dosed very carefully and often, then results might be different. It seems like an easy thing that people could experiment with, with DXM (or theanine, yes indeed!) which is easily procured, although ... be safe. Actually one person (Ame Sans Vie on dr-bob... who, um, actually sadly died recently, though not because of this) found DXM to work well for his amphetamine tolerance purposes; he used 60mg Delsym twice daily and has some extensive experience reports if you want to look them up.

I'm reading some reports of agmatine's half-life at 12 hours. It could work, but if I were going to try this I would focus on stable dosing, and dosing several times daily. Unsure about actual instructions.

Also, I definitely agree that the apparent low incidence of typical NMDA antagonist side effects is promising.

Another agent of interest is acamprosate (Campral). It is used in the U.S. and elsewhere for alcohol withdrawal ... it is a NMDA antagonist that IIRC also might have some minor GABAergic activity, half-life ~30 hours. I don't know if it shares the special properties of memantine, but it does seem low on side effects. To speak of the poster andrewb's accounts again, after 2 years of 30mg memantine, he switched to 10mg memantine and 333mg of acamprosate taken twice daily and found this technique to be equally effective. Acamprosate is still a prescription drug in the U.S., but I believe it is rather cheaper than memantine, which is why he switched.

Finally, briefly there's also amantadine, which memantine was actually derived from IIRC. It is structurally similar and it appears to be an antagonist in the same special vein as memantine, but despite that is rather full of side effects, and the half-life is 10-14 hours. It's antiviral, used in Parkinson's, and apparently a few doctors have used it with a little success as an alternative monotherapy for ADD. BTW, I have a little idea that failure to recognize the probability of a glutamate rebound that I suspect will occur even with twice-daily dosing of this might have screwed up the results (and the health of the patients ...) in the Parkinson's trials both as monotherapy, and for maintaining L-DOPA effectiveness, which it does seem to do, but only for a few months.

*The various possible reasons I am thinking of: weird blood-brain barrier transport mechanisms (something similar to what might be happening in re: dextroamphetamine's 10 hour half-life but typically 3-5 hour duration of primary effect), vastly quickened excretion under certain conditions (acidified urine), and the acute effect of re-regulatory/rebound mechanisms, sort of a negative curve if that makes sense.
    Mind and Muscle:
    Even on the second day, the results were already incredible (once again). While sexual energy is higher, the feeling of urgency is greatly reduced. I no longer dream of marrying every average looking woman I look at. I speak with the confidence. I make eye contact. I am less tempted to try my luck with fat chicks. etc, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What´s the word on Memantine + Ritalin ?

Seeems like it could work ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ While as I've stressed I don't want to assert it will work in any specific case (because I doubt it will for many cases, and also for many people it should not be done/is not worth the trouble/expense/possibility of various side effects. etc.), I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work as opposed to with amphetamine, as those who get mood/motivation increases from methylphenidate also get the distinct tolerance to these effects as seen with amphetamine. The mechanisms, if correct, should be similar. Unfortunately I don't know of anyone who tried it with methylphenidate yet and made a report, so even fresher territory.

edit to say: On ebay with quick clicking I just won 8 boxes of 72 nicotine lozenges for the price of 2 boxes of 72 nicotine lozenges. Awesome!
    Mind and Muscle:
    Even on the second day, the results were already incredible (once again). While sexual energy is higher, the feeling of urgency is greatly reduced. I no longer dream of marrying every average looking woman I look at. I speak with the confidence. I make eye contact. I am less tempted to try my luck with fat chicks. etc, etc, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gahan @ Oct 5 2008, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Also a very good possibility. Besides being an antagonist, it reduces the amount of glutamate produced by mimicking glutamine.</div>

But with the GABAergic properties it would seem less than ideal ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(I hope this info is somehow helpful for understanding how certain drugs effects may or may not play a role at prevention of Amphetamine tolerance etc...--->Regarding DXM and its physiological effects -It may have a role to play at attenuating amphetamine withdrawal and preventing tolerance to some of the effects of amphetamine. DXM is VERY difficult to understand/categorize because it possesses almost contradictiory effects! For exampke, I find that DXM is interesting in that most understand it to be "primarily" only a NMDA antagonist, despite the fact that DXM fits the definition of an SSRI and shares the properties of SSRI's while stimulating serotonin release to a greater extent than inhibiting its re-uptake. (a VERY simplified version of some of its mechanism(s) of action). -->Yet, DXM is clearly an "opioid", and can have strong pain-killing properties similar to other synthetic opium derivatives.
    Again --> DXM usually dilates pupils, yet DXM is classified as an "opioid" (which usually decrease pupil size), but, it also antagonizes the potent neurotransmitter Acetylcholine. Of note is that hyperthermia is not rare after oral ingestion of ~350+ mg of DXM.
    Depending on the dose ingested DXM can begain to act similar to Ketamine - with its "dissociative effects".
    Of note, is that D-amphetamine especially, and also Amphetamine - both have been shown to cause a Delayed pupil size increase - 6-8 hours AFTER oral ingestion of 20-40mg in adult subjects.
    ".. I imagine him (Ergoman) as either some neo monk who has such a perfect balance with his body that he notices even the slightest difference from something..."..."Or he's a sup company rep with the worst computer skills I've ever seen... maybe he's playing dumb to trick us..."-Supnut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gahan @ Oct 5 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Also a very good possibility. Besides being an antagonist, it reduces the amount of glutamate produced by mimicking glutamine.</div>

Plus.

Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1997 Sep;58(1):261-8.
    NMDA receptor complex blockade by oral administration of magnesium: comparison with MK-801.

Decollogne S, Tomas A, Lecerf C, Adamowicz E, Seman M. Institut de Recherche Preclinique (IRPC), Le Plessis-Robinson, France.

The ion channel of the N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptor complex is subject to a voltage-dependent regulation by Mg2+ cations. Under physiological conditions, this channel is supposed to be blocked by a high concentration of magnesium in extracellular fluids. A single dose of magnesium organic salts (i.e., aspartate, pyroglutamate, and lactate) given orally to normal mice rapidly increases the plasma Mg2+ level and reveals a significant dose-dependent antagonist effect of magnesium on the latency of NMDA-induced convulsions; this effect is similar to that seen after administration of the dizocilpine (MK-801) channel blocker. An anticonvulsant effect of Mg2+ treatment is also observed with strychnine-induced convulsions but not with bicuculline-, picrotoxin-, or pentylenetetrazol-induced convulsions. In the forced swimming test, Mg2+ salts reduce the immobility time in a way similar to imipramine and thus resemble the antidepressant-like activity of MK-801. This activity is masked at high doses of magnesium by a myorelaxant effect that is comparable to MK-801-induced ataxia. Potentiation of yohimbine fatal toxicity is another test commonly used to evaluate putative antidepressant drugs. Administration of Mg2+ salts, like administration of imipramine strongly potentiates yohimbine lethality in contrast to MK-801, which is only poorly active in this test. Neither Mg2+ nor MK-801 treatment can prevent reserpine-induced hypothermia. These data demonstrate that oral administration of magnesium to normal animals can antagonize NMDA-mediated responses and lead to antidepressant-like effects that are comparable to those of MK-801. This important regulatory role of Mg2+ in the central nervous system needs further investigation to evaluate the potential therapeutic advantages of magnesium supplementation in psychiatric disorders.

PMID: 9264101

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my agmatine today. I'm going to start it out at 700mg three times per day, which works out to a little less than 1/kg. Most of the rat studies used single doses of at least 10mgmg/kg, which would work out to a little bit less than 2mg/kg human, and such doses seemed to be effective for roughly six hours. Dosing looks problematic as of now.

Problem one is, no one from what I can tell actually has a good idea about this compound's pharmokinetics. It has a ridiculously short half-life in plasma, but in many studies I found produced effects for up to 6 hours. It is stored like any other NT, but I don't have any idea if supplementing it would cause uptake/storage.

Problem two is that uranemia seems possible if you take too much, which we don't want. I have to read more about this possibility before starting a full-on dosing regimen.

But I'd like to expand a little more on this compound and its generalized role. From what can be understood with the current level of research (preliminary), it appears that agmatine is definitely a neuromodulator/transmitter. So far, every type of stress inflicted to rats while measuring plasma levels has caused a marked elevation in agmatine levels. Exogenous agmatine is a rapid and powerful antidepressant and anxiolytic, weakens contextual fear learning, and is highly neuroprotective against excitotoxicity.

Interestingly, morphine administration also causes agmatine release, and long-term morphine administration depletes agmatine stores in the brain. Co-administered agmatine+morphine results in lessened tolerance (dose dependent), increased subjective pleasure, prevention of morphine induced neural changes, and increases painkilling effects. Oh, and agmatine reduces withdrawal symptoms from morphine. (as well as ethanol)

Anyone else starting to see a pattern?
    Amor Fati

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gahan @ Oct 5 2008, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Agmatine. Agmatine is a NMDA antagonist that has been shown in studies to prevent morphine tolerance, in fact dosing morphine depletes endogenous Agmatine levels. It also modulates Ca++ channels in addition to NMDA antagonism, but I haven't read those studies yet. Plus it appears to be very good for bodybuilding, and also has anxiolytic and antidepressant action.

Besides the above, it doesn't have any typical NMDA-antagonist side effects, even at insane doses. One should be able to run it for under 1$ per day.</div>
    I'm definatly trying this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Interestingly, morphine administration also causes agmatine release, and long-term morphine administration depletes agmatine stores in the brain.</div>

I eagerly await your report. I saw the conflicting half-life figures too. I'm inclined to believe the longer half-lives listed are more relevant. I would also consider dosing even more often, maybe 4 or 5 times daily, if you think it might help after you try the current regimen.

The morphine-induced depletion of agmatine, and the agmatine release, which is a homeostatic mechanism, parallels nicely with the increase in glutamatergic activity from morphine:

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=16354242
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Titre du document / Document title
    Involvement of glial glutamate transporters in morphine dependence
    Auteur(s) / Author(s)
    NAKAGAWA Takayuki ; SATOH Masamichi ;
    Résumé / Abstract
    There are several lines of evidence implying the involvement of the central glutamatergic system in morphine dependence. Extracellular glutamate released from nerve terminals is counterbalanced by glutamate transporters in neurons (EAAC1 and EAAT4) and glial cells (GLT-1 and GLAST), thereby modulating the glutamatergic system and protecting neurons from an excitotoxic action of glutamate. Here we show that a glial glutamate transporter GLT-1 could be involved in physical and psychological morphine dependence. By Northern blot analysis, the expression of glial glutamate transporter GLT-1, but not GLAST, mRNA was decreased in the striatum/nucleus accumbens (NAc) and thalamus of morphine-dependent rats. Subcutaneous administration of a glutamate transporter activator suppressed the development of physical morphine dependence and morphine-induced conditioned place preference. Intracerebroventricular administration of a glutamate transporter inhibitor to morphine-dependent rats facilitated the expression of naloxone-precipitated morphine withdrawal-induced somatic signs and conditioned place aversion. Furthermore, gene transfer techniques using recombinant adenoviruses revealed that GLT-1 in the locus coeruleus and NAc shell plays inhibitory roles in physical and psychological morphine dependence, respectively. These findings may provide evidence that a glial glutamate transporter GLT-1 could be a new target for preventing physical and psychological morphine dependence.
    Revue / Journal Title
    Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences ISSN 0077-8923 CODEN ANYAA9
    Source / Source
    2004, vol. 1025, pp. 383-388 [6 page(s) (article)]
    Langue / Language
    Anglais
    Editeur / Publisher
    Blackwell, Malden, MS, ETATS-UNIS (1877) (Revue)
    Localisation / Location
    INIST-CNRS, Cote INIST : 600, 35400012283488.0470</div>
    Mind and Muscle:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, at the risk of being premature, I'm going to go ahead and give a preliminary report. A few things in disclaimer first: n=1, I have also been reducing my stim use on an as-needed basis (ex. 20-30mgs instead of 40mgs unless I have a really intense day, also keeping coffe at three cups or below), and I spend a large amount of time and effort doing things best labeled 'internal work'.

Agmatine is the best mentally-oriented supplement I have ever tried.

First: The mood boost from my amphetamine is returning. It isn't close to as powerful as it was at the beginning of my dexedrine treatment, but it is more pronounced in a way that strongly indicates no placebo effect. I'll be walking around on 10mg of dexedrine (so far that day) and be surprised by a sudden breeze of that well-being/optimism vibe that made me fall in love with amphetamine in the first place.

Secondly, this is an incredible anti-anxiety anti-depression compound. I have weird OCD-like anxiety, revolving around intrusive visual images and repetitive behaviors but not of such intensity I feel medication to be warranted. At first amphetamine eliminated this problem, but after tolerance set in the opposite effect became dominant. One of the things I noticed soon after beginning agmatine, and this was an observation that popped into my head at the end of the day, was that these OCD-like symptoms had been almost completely absent.

This effect ties in with the anti-depressive effects. There is no feeling of being 'chilled out' and really very little mood boosting from agmatine (I've taken it without dexedrine as well), but simply a attenuating of the negative 'noise' that makes it so hard to pull yourself out of a funk. I think this compound may have a lot of potential in the treatment of OCPD, manic depressives, anxiety disorders etc.

It's sort of an enabler to me, in that it stops up the flow of shit to such a degree that I can use things like CBT, meditation, NLP-like techniques etc. The cease of automatic and intrusive thoughts allows mindfulness to be maintained and a constant attitude of self-overcoming adopted. In my case at least, agmatine is an endurance supplement for psychospiritual exercise.

I know none of my posts about it have contained studies or references, but I've been up to my neck in school work lately. I'm planning on starting a new thread with a lot of cites and my further experiences in the near future.
    Amor Fati

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gahan @ Oct 13 2008, 01:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This effect ties in with the anti-depressive effects. There is no feeling of being 'chilled out' and really very little mood boosting from agmatine (I've taken it without dexedrine as well), but simply a attenuating of the negative 'noise' that makes it so hard to pull yourself out of a funk. I think this compound may have a lot of potential in the treatment of OCPD, manic depressives, anxiety disorders etc.

It's sort of an enabler to me, in that it stops up the flow of shit to such a degree that I can use things like CBT, meditation, NLP-like techniques etc. The cease of automatic and intrusive thoughts allows mindfulness to be maintained and a constant attitude of self-overcoming adopted. In my case at least, agmatine is an endurance supplement for psychospiritual exercise.</div>

So someone else noticed the "noise filter" effect. I've never tried agmatine, but this is exactly the same thing I noticed with DXM and, to a much lesser degree, memantine.

Compounds like these are really beneficial to guys who have a habit of "thinking too much" IMO. I played college football for 3 years before I had to give it up due to time constraints, but I was always told by my coaches that I would "think too much." I never got the fundamentals to be natural reactions and flow with the game. I was told I was stiff and robotic. At least until I tried DXM.

Ya rly.... tripped on DXM... during practice...

Well, it wasn't exactly a "trip," I just took about 200 mgs. And low and behold... I got a very potent "noise filter" affect. Balance was a little weird at first, but it wasn't nearly bad enough for anyone to notice or think something was wrong.

But it was amazing... the "flow" of the game just felt so much more natural. And, while I was never one to be timid on the field, I would still usually think twice before running head-on into a 300 lb offensive lineman. But DXM got rid of that fear entirely.... I became more "instinctive" and would react fearlessly, even if I saw a double-team coming... And because of this I reacted much quicker and played so much better. I had the most sacks and was one of the best D-linemen on the field in the spring game, despite being the smallest (only 220).

So, yeah, that's my experience with the DXM / NMDA antagonist "noise filter" property. Also its a great noise filter in social settings. I might try agmatine and see if it has the same effect.
    <div align='left'><span style="font-family:Franklin Gothic Medium"><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">RIP Gaines Adams:</span>
    </span></span></span><blockquote><span style="font-family:Franklin Gothic Medium"><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">I'll never forget lowering my head and shoulder-pads and running full-speed into a head-on collision with you, only to be stopped dead in my tracks, with ears ringing, feeling slightly disoriented, like I had run into a brick wall. You, however, seemed only to react as one would to a sudden gust of wind, and continued on unabated.

I'll also never forget the first thing you said to me. To which I responded:

"No, Gaines, I did NOT call you a nigga."

Rest in peace, man.</span></span> </blockquote><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">

"C
    ombinations are the next step for drugs.
    Individual agents lose their effectiveness on the whole and to get their effectiveness up the central problem is that they go after a target too far, beyond certain homeostatic parameters. This then results in compensatory mechanisms and the drug often plataeus, or it just produces side-effects which are most probably the compensatory mechanisms. The solution will always be to go after several targets simulateneously, but less aggressively. Without research into combinatorial treatments, pharmacy hits 'the wall' and few new effective and proffitable drugs will ever be created."
    </span></div><div align='right'><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">-ATB

<div align='left'></span><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">
    The statements made in this post are actual FACT, not simply personal subjective opinion, and they DO necessarily reflect Captain Obvious's personal views. Anything in this post that mentions or refers to, either directly or indirectly, any real person, place, product, or organization, was purposefully written, NOT simply coincidental. Moreover, any statement that appears to attempt to defame, discredit, or otherwise negatively impact the person, product, or idea to which it refers, WAS, in its entirety, intentional. Trademarked or copyrighted names were used explicitly without the consent of their owners.
    </span> </div><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"></div> </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gahan @ Oct 13 2008, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Agmatine is the best mentally-oriented supplement I have ever tried.

I know none of my posts about it have contained studies or references, but I've been up to my neck in school work lately. I'm planning on starting a new thread with a lot of cites and my further experiences in the near future.</div>
    Have you noticed it helping school work at all though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gahan @ Oct 13 2008, 10:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>......attenuating of the negative 'noise' that makes it so hard to pull yourself out of a funk.</div>

That really hits home for me! I know the feeling all TOO well.

Where did you get your Agmatine? All I'm finding is Blueprint over at BB.com.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ergomanisback @ Sep 28 2008, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Monitored use of exogenous testosterone can allow men to decrease their dose/day of psychostim's such as Adderall, Vyvanse, Dexedrine, and methylphenidate.</div>

yeah, testosterone levels IIRC in brain are on a diurnal rhythm and peak late night and in early morning when you should be asleep soundly, I concluded in a thread on that that testosterone was likely sleep rhythm sensitive. The other neurosteroids certainly are.
    ------

These ideas are released under a Creative Commons Share and Share alike license

Thread Information