This is my first post so hi..
First of all some honest history, in the past 5 years I have detoxed from a pill addiction and alcohol addiction. 10 norcos a day and a 12 pack a day...oh and a pack of smokes a day....plus binges on other substances every once in a while. I have been "un-kind" to by body to say the least. But I am happy to say that I am clean 1 year and 6 months from all substances!!!!! I used hiking and physical activity to help me detox with ALLLL of it so as to bring up my natural endorphin levels. But now I am having the issue of not being able to gain weight and KEEP it on. I am 5'7 and 137-145 on any given day. I am also over 30...but unless I LITERALLY lay in bed allll day and eat like a slob I am unable to gain weight. Even when I force myself to lay in bed for a week and just eat eat eat (ice cream, pasta, bread and butter, cereal with heavy whipping cream, 2 baked potatoes fully loaded, whole damn pizzas)the following week with just basic daily activity it burns off in no time. I take in over 1500 calories a day....way over. I eat like a teenage boy!! I cant afford to feed my own appetite. Plus I have professional peers watching me eat and assuming I have an eating disorder. I would like to be able to fill my pants and not have people constantly telling me to eat a damn burger..cuz I will...and your burger too!! Please help