User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default UL for l-theanine

So recently I decided to cut down on my clonazepam consumption, and eliminate mirtazapine from my intervention leaving duluxotine, Adderall and less clonazepam. I decided to try using high does l-theanine to see how it would go. Long story short, it seems to have worked extremely well. My concern is that I often take between 1.5 to 2 grams of l-theanine over the course of the day. I haven't read anything about drawbacks of these massive doses so much, but I find it slightly disconcerting that in order to feel any effect, I must take at least 500mg at once. Anyway I was wondering if any of the good folks here at M&M have taken ~ 2 grams for an extended period of time and what your experience was like. Thanks in advance.
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its' old dimensions"

~Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i remember right, according to a certain source, it's very safe even at very high doses. Your dosage doesn't seem problematic at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Strophy View Post
    Your dosage doesn't seem problematic at all.
    Really? 2g is 10 of the strongest dosed pills I can find, 20 of the standard 100mg caps. No issues though....well except for the cost. I might have to start looking for some pure powder. Problem is there is a patten on it (Suntheanine) so no matter what brand you buy the ingredient is coming from Taiyo International, Inc.
    "A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its' old dimensions"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you still feel that l-theanine helps you?? I find that shit extremely weak and not helpful in any way..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pyttsan View Post
    Do you still feel that l-theanine helps you?? I find that shit extremely weak and not helpful in any way..
    Personally, I used it for a while, but found the exact same thing ; I needed a huge daily dose to feel anything from it. In the long run, it'd have gotten too expensive for very little effect, so I ditched it.

Purus Labs Representative
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smartpowders offers bulk l-theanine,they're reputable.

Nightop had some good posts regarding theanine dosing a few years back on this forum,he warned against higher dosing.Though using higher doses of theaine over less deruggz seems like a win to me,I'd do a search for Nightop's postings on this.Dude knew what he was talking about and backed it up.
    Pile of data cannot be equated to the irrefutable truth, no more than a mountain of shit can be scaled to bring one closer to enlightenment.

No bro-science at Purus because we heart Pubmed and all its peer reviewed studies just too damn much to cheat you with overblown hype.

7. Thanks NeuralFrequency thanked for this post
    Likes Chip Douglas liked this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pyttsan View Post
    Yeah, I have cut my clonazepam intake from ~2mg/day to ~1mg/day. I just have to take a WHOLE LOT of it though...Also I noticed stacking l-tyrosine with it really amps up the tyrosine. Almost too much sometimes in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip Douglas View Post
    Personally, I used it for a while, but found the exact same thing ; I needed a huge daily dose to feel anything from it. In the long run, it'd have gotten too expensive for very little effect, so I ditched it.
    Yeah, as nice as it is it looks like it very well may be cost prohibitive in the long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Smartpowders offers bulk l-theanine,they're reputable.

Nightop had some good posts regarding theanine dosing a few years back on this forum,he warned against higher dosing.Though using higher doses of theaine over less deruggz seems like a win to me,I'd do a search for Nightop's postings on this.Dude knew what he was talking about and backed it up.
    Smartpowders is pretty cheap, but I have heard some not so good things about their theanine.

Thanks for the reference to Nightop's posts, will check those out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to me l-theanine does only give real effects when taken together with strong doses of coffeine/theine, but then it's great!

Thread Information