User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cartur View Post
    I also want to read the Hunger Games, so you can recommend it? I wasn't sure because it's more a book for teenagers, but it sounds quite interesting and I'm looking forward to the movies as well.
    At the moment I'm reading Lord of the rings part 1 (for the first time) and I think it was really interesting... it's different from the movies!
    My wife gave me her disclaimer when she was reading it. She said "Honey, I think you will like this. It came from the "teen Interest" section, but I think it's a good read". So I took her advice, and I believe that the trilogy overall is a very well-written story, and a pretty interesting concept. It has very interesting similarities to Dune, but that doesn't imply that they are any way similar. Just some interesting things I noticed.

There is one or two small aspects that I felt were somewhat "junior", but overall, it is a good read.

Hey, if Ozzman-the king of the Alphamales-can read it, it's an OK series

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AZ geographically; VA and London mentally
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Short History is another one of my favorites. Ridiculous amount of information is presented in a readable context.
    Like short sleeves, I bare arms

Applied Nutriceuticals FORUM REP
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend this book frequently as a fun and educational read. http://www.amazon.com/History-World-...0106641&sr=8-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished reading "A short history of nearly everything" by Bill Bryson. A great book and introduction to the sciences (ALL OF THEM!) and how we came to develop them. A physics and astronomy heavy read with some chemistry and geology. Great read for the Popsci fanatic and done brilliantly, definitely gets one inspired if they are studying any of the sciences in university. The audio book which I also have is even better, the author actually narrates it and his dry Enlgish humour adds to the content.

Next now I'm going to read Neichomacean ehtics by Aristotle and White Identiy by Jared Taylor. I'm also currently quarter way done reading Things that don't make sense by Michael Brooks, a physics book discussing the popular and ever conflict producing mysteries of physics.

The book before a short history that i finished was 4-Hour Body by Timothy Ferris. Interesting to say the least. I did pick up a few pearls however, such as heat diffusion for fatloss. Submerging oneself in cold water or allowing one to simply be put in a very cold environment is a brilliant way to enhance caloric expenditure. In fact its one of the most costly energy consumptive tasks the body can be subject to. I liked his theory on this. Secondly was his idea of pumping up your muscle lightly before meals to stimulate GLUT-4 to the muscle cell surface to aid in body recomp and nutrient partitioning. This guy definitely had some other funny stuff to talk about but a good read none the less. Certainly better than the Secret whuch I was pushed to read before that. Pseudoscience... pshhh heresy. I'll accept the notion of suggestive influence on the subconscious but never that there is some mystical ether we can manipulate. Pure bs and based on zero science. The secret is mental masturbation for the weak minded.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finished a book for school called Crucible. It has to do with the witch hunts that occurred in America a while ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been reading lately but I'd like to get into some Stephen King.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What type of books does Stephen King write?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished "Destiny of Souls" by Michael Newton. Yesterday I downloaded "1984 by George Orwell." Been wanting to read this classic for quite some time but never got around to it. I downloaded the audio version. I'm not too keen on audio books, I'd rather actually read the book, but since it was free, I'm not complaining. Also recently finished, "Sacred Contracts" by Caroline Myss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking about re-reading On the Road. My sister has been after me to read City of Bones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow guys! I wish I have the time like yours so that I could also read fictional books and novels but I don't/ I do real a lot though. But it would be medicine books. I am a medicine student and I do real every night. Lots of stuffs to read but none of them actually sticks to my mind for a long time. After a week they are gone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Op your read books at once? I am a very avid reader but I am not reading anything right now. The book on my amazon wish list is:

Dead Locked by A. R. Wise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Red" by Sammy Hagar plus "Buddy Holly is Alive and Well on Ganymeade" by Bradley Denton which they're turning into a movie starring Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am rereading Ender's Game, it is a classic Sci-Fi novel that is impossible to put down!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm occasionally (by occasionally I mean every few days) flipping through a book on website building.

I used to read a lot -- like 7 books a week. This is because I write novels when I have the time. Well, I used to. I should get back to it but I have no time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm reading a book at the moment by a guy called Daniel Domscheit-Berg, the book is called 'Inside Wikileaks' and talks about his time running it with Julian Assange and goes into lengthy details about the white-haired Australian weirdo's personal habits and his mind games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just finished, "A New Earth" by Eckhardt Tolle. A really good book, makes you think outside the box. About a year ago I read, "The Power of Now" which was also written by Tolle. This guy has ideas, thoughts, and spiritual revelations (not predictions or anything like that) that resonate with me, that's why I'm such a big fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am reading "Never Get a Real Job" by Michael Gerber, "Science of Mind" Ernest Holmes and "The Joy of Living Dangerously" by Osho.
    " With each new day comes new strength and new thoughts." - Eleanor Roosevelt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As soon as I finish the "Inside WikiLeaks" book I will be buying Jeremy 'Shoemoney' Schoemaker's autobiography which has just come out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Red" by Sammy Hagar. Wish it had more stuff regarding his split from Van Halen

Thread Information