User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best Stretches/Exercise For Lower Back?

What are the best exercises for someone with lower back instability? I know this is very specific, but I have a lower back issue. I want to get it in shape, but need to know what exercises I should be doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother has had a lower back problem for many years after an injury. He finds yoga exercises help strengthen the lower back region. Supermans are another good exercise for strengthening the lower back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The core can be addressed through many different exercises. I would suggest to work on your overall stability of your entire body and core together throughout your workouts. If you don't own a stability ball or don't have one at the gym I suggest you get one asap! It can be used for so many different exercises to strengthen the lower back and core. The names of these exercises can get confusing from different sources but the main goal is to place as little stress on your spine as possible. The lower back can be strengthened isometrically (without movement) using various types of planks and supermans (mentioned above). Obviously training in a stable environment will not get you the results you're looking for so don't be afraid to really test your balance. Depending on your current strength though, you may need to build strength too with some stable exercises. Doing planks on the ball is another great exercise. Sometimes it's referred to as "stirring the pot" - you rotate your arms in a circle while maintaining the plank position on the ball. You can also try performing your typical sitting exercises with the ball instead of sitting on a bench. This will help teach your lower back to stay in a strong and stable position. That's why many people use them as desk chairs. Basically any core exercise that stretches the boundaries of your balance should help. Consistency is key.
    Find more muscle-building information at http://mindsetfitness.net/

Get your FREE muscle building guide at http://www.facebook.com/MindsetFitne...90322544333196

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lower back area is the most sensitive area of ones body as far as exercising is concerned. I mean it has a direct connection with your spinal cord. I would recommend that if you have this problem do not go for heavy weight lifting or stuff. you can go with simple yogas and cardios to get in shape. Do not pressurize your lower back. Take a substantial amount of protein and calcium to keep you fit and lean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy lifting can be a great tool to increase strength over time. You must challenge your body to push new limits to gain strength. That's the basic science of strength training in general. But you have to make sure you have a decent amount of stability in that region before any heavy lifting is attempted.
    Find more muscle-building information at http://mindsetfitness.net/

Get your FREE muscle building guide at http://www.facebook.com/MindsetFitne...90322544333196

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are many aasan for lower back pain, i think use yoga for lower-back pain, and you'll not only feel better, you may also avoid the need for surgery or medication.

Thread Information