User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Psycological Slimming

Some studies have proven that if you start thinking day and night out that you are actually slim and that you might become slim in a few weeks, then you do lose a bit of weight. Weird as it sounds there have been detailed case studies on this matter. A really nice way of cutting down isn't it? What are your thoughts on this? I think it does require a huge amount of will power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats an interesting idea- not sure how it truly would work though. I'd rather actually work on losing weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually believe this can work, when you are diligent and focused enough. I've even heard just envisioning yourself working out, can actually raise your heart rate a little. Whether or not the later is true, I don't know. But I think visioning your goal and imagining yourself at your goal weight is incredibly motivating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is interesting! I don't know if it would work for me, though. I have such a negative view of myself. I see my flaws 100X and I doubt I could ever look at myself and think I'm thin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lets not get too carried away here. Knowing how the mind body connection works i believe that you can lose weight but you will not likely lose a lot. Also your mind will have to be in a certain state for this to occur. You will also need to back this up with a proper diet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do believe in the power of positive thinking. It took me way too many years of wallowing in my sorrow before I decided I needed to value myself and take care of myself. I didn't purposely sit there and think about losing weight. But, when I came to the decision that I needed to do something about my weight, I started thinking more about working out and eating better. The more I thought about it and it's results, the easier it was for me to actually do it. I fell off the wagon a bit the past few months and I was actually thinking about it this weekend. I realized that the longer I sat around wallowing, the longer I was going to be like this. I started thinking about what work outs I could get in this week. I feel a lot better knowing I'm moving in a positive direction now.

Thread Information