User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Every Full-Text Clomid Study You've Ever Wanted (also share your experiences!)

Howdy, folks.

27-year-old here with Total and Free T a bit below normal and lots of symptoms. No history of steroid use. Starting clomid soon. Been researching it as a TRT option diligently. Lots of good stuff here on the board.

In studying here and other places I've found 7 studies on clomid as a TRT option. I've been reading and comparing. I thought I would share my files and findings with you all. I know there are other threads discussing clomid in detail, but I thought this would be a nice place for attached full-text studies and personal experiences.

Some of these were tricky to find with full text. A few were published very recently. You may have seen the abstracts before. But these are all full text! Lots of charts and answers to specific questions you may have. If you have any other full-text studies about clomid and testosterone, post them!

Here are some of my findings in brief. Remember, I'm not a doctor or anything. But this is what I make of the studies:

• The most common dose in the studies is a tie for 25 mg Every other day or 50 mg Every other day. Some studies also do 25 mg/day or 50 mg/day.
    • Within the doses used in the studies, the results appear to vary little (For example, two studies that prescribed either 25 or 50 mg every other day gave the EXACT same % of total Test improvement as the study that prescribed 25 mg/day in all cases). The average testoterone level post-treatment is about 250% of baseline across the board. Remember, though, that most of the baselines are below normal or low-normal.
    • All the studies consistently report that nobody reported any side effects, with the exception of 1 subject in 1 study who reported visual disturbances that went away when he got off of it. Other than that, zero (so well under 1% with any reported sides at all across these studies).
    • Studies that included questioning about subjective relief of low-T symptoms (sexuality, energy, etc) yielded good results. Typically these complaints were approximately cut in half with treatment (that is, they were reported half as often after treatment).
    • Younger patients tended to have better results than the older ones.
    • One study noted that the presence of a varicocele did not influence the results of clomid treatment in their study one way or the other.
    • Clomid's results are sustained with prolonged use, with a possible small dip at around the 2 year mark that doesn't look like it goes any lower (this is noted in one long-term study but not the other). A couple of these look at subjects who have used it for years (up to 3 I believe) and the results and lack of sides do not appear to change.
    • In none of the studies at any dosage was the Testosterone elevated above the normal range.
    • Testosterone can be raised in as little as 1 week. Generally it's accepted that clomid raises things within 4-8 weeks. Results in symptoms may take longer but at least something should happen within that time frame IMO (one study I read about TRT in general marked 3 weeks as the beginning of improvements in symptoms).
    • Two of the studies measure Free testosterone (the others use only Total). The results there get are a little confusing. Their numbers are wildly different (the post-treatment Free in one marks the beginning of the pre-treatment in the other). Not sure what's going on there. Maybe I am misunderstanding the units. But it does increase Free T significantly in both studies (at least double on average).

I have a little spreadsheet that compares some of the key aspects of the study, but I can't post .xmls here. Maybe a mod can suggest something.

Questions? Comments?

While I'm here, I'd like to hear any stories (especially success stories) of guys who have tried this route. I really hope it works for me like it has for many in the studies. I could use some encouragement.

Of course I know there are some here on the forum already. But sometimes they don't update after the first little bit, and usually posts like this are scattered in with a lot of other stuff, so those familiar with the board may be able to aid my search.

Anyhow, that's it. Thanks everyone.
    Attached Files Attached Files
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is another full text study that I found elsewhere on the board. This is the first/only study I've seen to ever elevate Testosterone above normal levels (as high as the 1400's). However it's also a really high dose (50 mg x2/day for 8 weeks) and includes a lot of healthy young men who weren't having any problems before treatment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
      To view attachments your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3. Thanks TALLPAULPPG thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrManGuy84 View Post
    Here is another full text study that I found elsewhere on the board. This is the first/only study I've seen to ever elevate Testosterone above normal levels (as high as the 1400's). However it's also a really high dose (50 mg x2/day for 8 weeks) and includes a lot of healthy young men who weren't having any problems before treatment.
    Hi. Thanks for these links. I'm currently on Angrogel 1.62 , with little boost in T after 90 days. I'll ask my GP if this makes sense for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're lucky to have a GP who is willing to treat you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, thanks for taking the time to put together all of this information! I could sit and read stuff like this all day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah good work man guy. Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been doing intense endurance road cycling and cross country mountain biking for five years, my performance and mood has slipped incredibly in the last 2 years. I'm pretty sure I have obliterated some of my hormones. I have also been looking at going the Clomid route if my hormone test results come back poorly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the great summary and compilation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great thread just posting so i can dl this zipfile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

posting to access zip file. thanks for putting this together. working with doctor to explore this option

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a great thread here that I will keep reading from time to time and will def read more as I age
    Need To Build Muscle Company Representative
    http://www.needtobuildmuscle.com
    USE MICH10 FOR 10% OFF!!!!
    PM me with any questions you have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting! I had great success with Clomid @25mg/ day. Total T went from 172 to 720 ng/dl. Unfortunately, the ignorant urologist I see didn't want me to take it any more in fear of messing with liver values....he's rather me do pellets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*he'd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dhickey View Post
    Thanks
    Fully agree solid stuff but I'm not going to mess with pharmaceuticals at my age I just want natural supplementATIons to altER MY levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bro derek the only supp that is going to effectively boost your T levels is d-aspartic acid and that has no long term studies and is potentially neurotoxic.I understand your hesitation about messing with meds. If your T-levels are fine then don't worry about boosting them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by evanski View Post
    bro derek the only supp that is going to effectively boost your T levels is d-aspartic acid and that has no long term studies and is potentially neurotoxic.I understand your hesitation about messing with meds. If your T-levels are fine then don't worry about boosting them.

Really can't afford to check my levels as I oh my mom money for insuarnace and then I kneed to buy some gear with what's leftover. Supposing that I'm not jacked though it is fairly evident that my levels are not too hi yet and so I can see that they could use a boost. Is neurotoxicity really a probelms? I've used DMAA before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was taking test cyp 100mg weekly divided. Test went up to 1300 peak and E2 went to 50. Had to add arimidex 1 mg week to decrease E2. Clomid 50mg 2x week kept lh function up around 5. I've since stopped test injections and take clomid 12.5mg eod. will draw labs in about 4 weeks to see what is what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have reached the age of 40 and have recently noticed an decrease in my energy levels and stamina when with the wife. Should I talk to my doctor about low T or is that normal for a 40 year old?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love me some clomid!

Thread Information