User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How to fall back asleep

Usually before an exam I do the following to sleep longer (and getting to fall asleep faster):

Stretch out for minimum 5 minutes.
    Use a shampoo with herbs in it to stay asleep longer.
    Use 10mg of Kestine (also called Evastin, Ebaste and Aleva):

1mg time released melatonin from Now foods.
    About a half milligram of sublingual melatonin.

Foods that I eat:
    Tomatoes.
    Avocado
    Salmon Fish
    Some salad
    And I also drink some milk and water.

I also avoid sugar and caffeine the whole day.

In addition to all this I try to getting at least 1 hour of exercise.

However, before my last exam I woke up after only 4 hours, what could be the reason for this? It is easy to fall asleep, but I really need to sleep for a longer time.
    Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anxiety perhaps?
    Try playing some soothing music, or those relaxing pulses to get your brain waves to tone down a bit. I have never done it though.. What I do is some meditation and "nature sounds" to get to bed.
    Oh yea and ketotifin also works well in cycles lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play peace songs or sounds. You'll find CD’s to relax at many music shops. Have a Compact disc player or Music player cued up with the music activity near your bed; need to you wake up, put it on low volume and focus on the calming sounds.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try taking 750mg of Gaba. GABA or gamma-aminobutyric acid, is the most important and widespread inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain. Excitation in the brain must be balanced with inhibition. Too much excitation can lead to restlessness, irritability, insomnia, and even seizures. GABA is able to induce relaxation, analgesia, and sleep. I take it every night, works great!

The functions that GABA has in the brain are;

• Decreases neuron activity
    • Suppresses overfiring of nerve cells
    • Essential for brain metabolism
    • Aids in proper brain functioning
    • Is a neurotransmitter in the central nervous system
    • Stimulates the pituitary gland to secrete more human growth hormone
    1 Cor 6:19-20
    "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, the bioavailability of GABA is ridiculous.
    My personal neuroscience weblog, you should check it out: The Illuminated Brain - A Weblog on Neuroscience

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." - Sherlock Holmes

Administrator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ How so? If taken as a powder it should absorb very well. It's an amino acid, therefore is readily accepted just like all other amino acids.
    1 Cor 6:19-20
    "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benadryl, GABA and melatonin work great for me! Knocks me on my ass..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We added the source stated, the importance of taking into account that there are various classifications of insomnia, according to the duration of the disorder, according to the seriousness with which this and according to the time when it is submitted:

By duration, one can distinguish between transient insomnia or acute (lasting less than 4 weeks), short-term insomnia or subacute (more than 4 weeks but less than 3-6 months) and long-term insomnia and chronic (more than 3-6 months).
    Depending on its severity, we distinguish between mild insomnia or light, with which there is minimal deterioration of the quality of life, the moderate, which is given every night and in the beginning to emerge certain signs of quality deterioration of life with symptoms such as irritability, anxiety, fatigue, and severe or severe, in which symptoms are experienced more intensely and therefore the quality of life is more affected.
    For schedules, distinction is made between initial insomnia or conciliation (mild or severe difficulties falling asleep at bedtime), intermediate or sleep maintenance (instead of sleeping through the night continued, the person wakes up several times during the night) and the terminal or end of sleep or early awakening, known by experts as morning insomnia (awake little or a lot before when I had planned to).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To help me get to sleep and to stay asleep longer I drink hot milk or horlicks before bed. I also make sure I give it my all while I'm exercising for an hour or two. Stretching down for 5-10 minutes before climbing into bed is really beneficial too. It elongated the muscles and gets the blood pumping into them to heal faster while you sleep. If you're only sleeping for four hours it might be all your body needs. Try lengthening your training routine or mixing up the exercises and introduce something new and challenging. Ear plugs also help me sleep longer as the lack of noise doesn't make me stir. I can get a couple of hours extra using those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had the problem a few times in recent weeks, I think everyone has. My issue is that I wake up needing to urinate and I subsequently can't get back to sleep for the final few hours of my required sleep duration. The bonus of this is that I can be productive with the extra hours in the morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best way to fall asleep personally, is taking 2 nytol tablets and to read a book to relax the mind. I try to remove myself from everything and everyone and get into my own mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i drink coffee all day long and still manage to sleep no probs, im pretty relaxed chilled out guy though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can sleep easily so I've never had this problem. Maybe it was just a one time thing. If it usually works for you I would continue to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, but it does suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest recommendation is drinking chamomile tea with valerian root, or any time of sleepytime or tranquility herbal tea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to experts eating a heavy meal in the evening stimulates your system and prevents you from going to sleep easily. A heavy meal increases the blood flow to your digestive tract which makes your stomach produce more gastric acid that sends your pancreas and intestinal muscles into overdrive. Your system then wakes up instead of calming down for sleep. You can also drink a cup of chamomile tea before bed time. It contains a mild sedative that helps you calm down and sleep faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try drinking chamomile tea. Chamomile tea has an almost sedative effect, it makes me feel very drowsy. Hot chamomile tea will also warm your body temperature slightly and the subsequent drop in body temperature will help you fall back to sleep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have problems falling asleep quickly, so to help me do that I either read and get rid of all distractions (i.e. my ipod) or drink warm milk. I have drunk chamomile tea before, but I never noticed whether it helped me fall asleep faster or not. I will definitely have to drink it sometime soon and see if I get to sleep any faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your body naturally produces melatonin at night time. However, artificial light will disrupt the production of melatonin and this is obviously a very common problem in the modern world. We can't sit in the dark at night but we can be aware of it and try to minimise our exposure, especially near bed time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would recommend a hot cup of herbal tea, and turning off the lights and noise. Shut everything out... And close your eyes.. Relaxation exercises

Thread Information