User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default vitamin C and sleep

Just wondering if anyone's noticed any positive/negative effects on sleep from taking Vitamin C at night?
    poison saves, poison kills

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wondering the same thing. bump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitamin C has a lot benefits for the body.It produce a lot energy to the body even to strong the bones, calcium can be taken in the natural form like in the milk even can be taken from the apples so need to use it regularly to make the body strong and healthy in order to attain the positive results for the betterment of the life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't take any additional vitamin C because I eat a lot with my diet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have to warn you that taking a lot of vitamin C without taking extra water may cause dehydration. Dehydration will negatively affect your sleep more than Vitamin C will improve it. As long as you are maintaining good fluid intake you should notice a small improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I take vitamin c, about 1,000 mg 3 times a day I think. I take it with meals, and I don't really notice any differences in sleep. But it would be interesting to find out if there were any.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by save27 View Post
    I take vitamin c, about 1,000 mg 3 times a day I think. I take it with meals, and I don't really notice any differences in sleep. But it would be interesting to find out if there were any.
    even if you find that getting to sleep and staying asleep is not affected, do you wake up in the mornings anymore refreshed than you did before you started taking vitamin C? I would say that once I had gotten past the dehydration the effect was mildly positive, although I can't be sure it was the vitamin C.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The dehydration effect will most likely affect your sleep. From what I have heard before it reduces the positive effects of sleep, the person waking up not as refreshed as they normally did. But then again these are only stories I heard, I personally don't take Vitamin C in the evening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to take it but I didn't notice anything different with sleep because I never slept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither the Mayo Clinic and the University of Maryland Medical Center consider vitamin C's effects on sleep to be significant and backed up by medical research. And I didn't notice effects of any kind from taking either multi-vitamins products or vitamin C (although eating fruits definitely helps).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think vitamin C has a affect on my sleep. I always have a hard time trying to sleep at night. I go to sleep around 12-2am everyday because I can't fall to sleep at all. I need to find a way to solve this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thatperson View Post
    even if you find that getting to sleep and staying asleep is not affected, do you wake up in the mornings anymore refreshed than you did before you started taking vitamin C? I would say that once I had gotten past the dehydration the effect was mildly positive, although I can't be sure it was the vitamin C.
    I don't think so, usually I feel more refreshed if I got enough sleep, not if I took vitamin C the day before. I really haven't noticed any differences in sleep while taking vitamin C.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, any vitamin or mineral deficiency will affect your sleep. The quality of your sleep will improve if you correct a deficiency in vitamin C. I don't personally supplement with vitamin C because I eat lots of chilli peppers and I also eat oranges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I looked around and it seems like taking vitamin doesn't really have any direct effect on your sleep. However it does improve you daytime energy levels which may in turn affect your sleep depending on what you do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over the last year, I've been experimenting with things to affect night bruxism (intense clenching). While stress management and diet affect it's intensity, it's there regardless. One thing I've noticed is that 1,000-1,500 mg of vitamin C right before bed completely mellows it out to the point I wake up without the normal feeling in my jaw that I've been clenching all night. I also take Advil, but I've tested each separately and the C is what's doing it. No idea why, but it must be calming my sleep somehow. I'm going to get the Zeo monitor and use it to test a night with the C dose and a night without to see if there's any notable differences.

Quote Originally Posted by joy_shape View Post
    Just wondering if anyone's noticed any positive/negative effects on sleep from taking Vitamin C at night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever taken airbourne (1,000 mg vitamin c)? I've taken this stuff multiple times before bed and don't really notice if I sleep better or not. If anything I would say positive because it definitely doesn't disrupt my sleep.

I usually use melatonin before I pass out. (usually 3mg's) Melatonin has honestly been a savior for me. I don't know why but I always have trouble calming my mind before sleeping and would lay there for an hr+ before actually falling asleep. But after taking melatonin I am ready to pass out hard in 30 min. and I feel refreshed the next day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vitamin C is not for energy - in fact, it uses energy in most of the enzymatic reactions that it performs.
    Take it after breakfast, it only stays in your system for a few hours, besides you don't need any more than about 100 mgs a day, and you urinate out the rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caArmitage View Post
    Vitamin C is not for energy - in fact, it uses energy in most of the enzymatic reactions that it performs.
    Take it after breakfast, it only stays in your system for a few hours, besides you don't need any more than about 100 mgs a day, and you urinate out the rest.
    Using the home made liposermal vit c (ascorbic acid) w/ bicarb i really don't think it does. Sure initially if i dosed 20g of vit c the majority of that would be soaked up by the gut and have some embarrassing consequences however if you slowly dose up on it either increasing it daily or take the same dosage multiple times through the day the body does absorb the contents.

It can not be a placebo i have dosed quite a lot more than the 7g being mentioned and if anything the energy is quite smooth and raised, it is essential adrenal fuel. It stopped a nasty cold that hit 3 of my colleagues at work and because of the small area i work in and always in contact with these guys AND being hit with every bug possible since working there the past year (probably 5-6 colds) im sure double dosing the lipo prevented the cold from taking off.

Just taking vit c and its something like 16% bio-available taking it with lipo is suppose to be 70%ish bio-available throwing in some bioflavanoids and bicarb is just going to make it even more potent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is not the case with me .. i take Vitamin C at night on regular base but it has never affected my sleep at all .. but it doesn't mean that you start suspecting over your dose .. instead a better idea is to discuss the matter with a trainer..

Thread Information