User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haiti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They make New Orleans look like Lake Wobegon.

That's gonna be a mess.

Right-Wing Terrorist Bot 2.010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Par Deus @ Jan 14 2010, 08:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>They make New Orleans look like Lake Wobegon.

That's gonna be a mess.</div>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPyyXQN8cG0

OR

The earth exists on tectonic plates that are under intense pressure, sometimes they move.

Anyway whatever, they spread AIDS with one of highest concentrations of AIDS in the world. A large amount of their people emigrated to the US and rapidly increased AIDS in the US in the eighties.

Related topics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_Cleans...28video_game%29
    [03:14] FunkOdyssey: dude the only reason nazi's didnt put blacks in concentration camps is because there werent any in germany.
    [03:14] FunkOdyssey:if there were they would have put them in before the jews.
    [02:15] Sanction no, I whipped out my penis and bludgeoned them

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ubiyca @ Jan 14 2010, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Anyway whatever, they spread AIDS with one of highest concentrations of AIDS in the world. A large amount of their people emigrated to the US and rapidly increased AIDS in the US in the eighties.</div>

Ubi, you, of all people, don't believe that HIV=AIDS conspiracy do you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It figures that a gw denier would be an aids denier too. Are you also a member of the flat earth society, benson?

As for haiti, it is a shit hole. But since they are special, the us taxpayer will be stuck helping them. The media will demand it and politicians will do it.
    "A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." - G. Gordon Liddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maxhealth @ Jan 14 2010, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>As for haiti, it is a shit hole. But since they are black, the us taxpayer will be stuck helping them. The media will demand it and politicians will do it.</div>

Fixed.
    [03:14] FunkOdyssey: dude the only reason nazi's didnt put blacks in concentration camps is because there werent any in germany.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ubiyca @ Jan 14 2010, 11:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Fixed.</div>

No, every country suffering from a natural disaster deserves to be aided by the US and other developed nations. I never understand why people complain about sending $5-10 million of relief to disaster areas where 10s of thousands of people have died. Perhaps these people would make better use of there time writing letters to their senators decrying hundreds of billions going to defense spending, "too big to fail" bailouts, bridges to nowhere, etc.

Have a little decency and concern for people in societies where the governments treat them like swine. Haven't you ever heard of "noblesse oblige"?

Dare I say that these Haitians are probably for more deserving of aid than most of the food stamp & welfare recipients in my city who piss these government transfers away on booze & drugs while their children die a slow & miserable death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was asked to donate .....

I asked the person how much Haiti gavr for Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Andrew....etc etc..

They have my sympathy, they do....all jokes aside.

But I gave up a year of my life helping Iraquies and I am portrayed as a monster by most of the world.

I will be givin up a year to help Afghans.

Ill be damned if I help another country that cannot take care of itself...

We have people starving in the US.

"I'm not a big fan of evolutionary limitations, and you aren't either, or you wouldn't be pinning supraphysiological amounts of testosterone all the time."-FunkOdyssey

"Die hard. Die young. Dianabol."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (apache @ Jan 14 2010, 12:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>No, every country suffering from a natural disaster deserves to be aided by the US and other developed nations. I never understand why people complain about sending $5-10 million of relief to disaster areas where 10s of thousands of people have died. Perhaps these people would make better use of there time writing letters to their senators decrying hundreds of billions going to defense spending, "too big to fail" bailouts, bridges to nowhere, etc.

Have a little decency and concern for people in societies where the governments treat them like swine. Haven't you ever heard of "noblesse oblige"?

Dare I say that these Haitians are probably for more deserving of aid than most of the food stamp & welfare recipients in my city who piss these government transfers away on booze & drugs while their children die a slow & miserable death.</div>

Life's a bitch, and then you die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, a country riddled with disaster and chaos, sounds like a perfect time to send in our military troops for an occupation. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we supposed to support the entire world? Is that our job and who gave us this job? I've got news for all you bleeding hearts; we can't do it. We can feed ourselves or try and fail to feed the world. You want to know what happens when we feed the multitudes and send them vaccines and other aid? They crank out more and more brats. They can't feed the ones they have and natures way is to let them die off. But nooooo, we are smarter than nature so we keep them alive. They repay us by engaging in unprotected sex, spreading aids and other diseases, and making more brats for us to feed and clothe.

When and if we have fed all the hungry people in this country, housed and sheltered them and have a surplus left over, then and only then can we think about handouts to other countries.
    "A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." - G. Gordon Liddy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maxhealth @ Jan 14 2010, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It figures that a gw denier would be an aids denier too. Are you also a member of the flat earth society, benson?</div>

Nope. I only have issues with theories that are based on questionable science.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haiti is a crap-hole United States should just take it over and make an Island Resort

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Benson @ Jan 14 2010, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Nope. I only have issues with theories that are based on questionable science.</div>

Like aids being cause by the aids virus? Yes, thats quite a stretch. Its no doubt due to jerking off too much, that must be it. Did you know that many people believe the earth is flat and the moon landing was faked. You might want to look into that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe it, this is like the worst disaster ever.. We should all contribute to help, not only the Americans. And yeah if they can afford it, they should help back when they can.

But that doesnt stop us trying to do something about it. I dont know what to do about it, but if GB or the EU wants to up my tax to support aid then I would be happy to in this case (not for ever, like).
    ------

These ideas are released under a Creative Commons Share and Share alike license

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For every host ready and willing to give blood there are 1000 leaches waiting to latch on and drink them dry. Natures way is best. It has worked for millions of years before man decided what was best.

Or does anyone seriously think we can support the world? They are starving in africa you know. Give them money so they can have more kids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maxhealth @ Jan 14 2010, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Like aids being cause by the aids virus? Yes, thats quite a stretch. Its no doubt due to jerking off too much, that must be it. Did you know that many people believe the earth is flat and the moon landing was faked. You might want to look into that.</div>

Whats any of this got to do with Haiti, Max?

I agree that you shouldn't be the only ones giving aid, it should be given fairly. But you have to take a less meanspirited approach to this - what country would hope to be prepared for what they've just had? What its there fault because they were on a fault line?

Rubbish, half the world is! And, since no one would likely want to deal with several million migrants, I dont see how anyone can blame them for being there. Granted, if you happened to live actually on a volcano you knew would blow, youd move to another hill or at least keep an eye on the thing. But you can't shut down such a large area because of earthquake risks.

One day we might be hit by an asteroid, and I hope other nations dont blame us for being angled badly!
    ------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maxhealth @ Jan 14 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>For every host ready and willing to give blood there are 1000 leaches waiting to latch on and drink them dry. Natures way is best. It has worked for millions of years before man decided what was best.

Or does anyone seriously think we can support the world? They are starving in africa you know. Give them money so they can have more kids.</div>

Yes but this is an emergency, not permanent welfare.
    ------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ATB @ Jan 14 2010, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Yes but this is an emergency, not permanent welfare.</div>

Unless we decide to rebuild it and spread democracy and shit.

Right-Wing Terrorist Bot 2.010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What really disturbed me back when Myanmar was hit by a quake, the communist gov't would not let any non-communists give aid. Caused deaths of 100,000s. In a recent issue of The Economist, an article mentioned that in the 20th century (cumulative) about 7 out of every 100 people in the world were killed by their governments. The least we can do is aid those in desperate need.

Have you seen pictures of Haiti? Have you heard or seen live broadcasts? It's absolutely devastating. Everything is demolished, limbs sticking up through debris, children barely conscious. And the saddest thing is the Haitian government can neither afford the costs to save these people nor the costs to rebuild the cities.

As for Par Deus, this is were capitalism comes in: who do you think will win the lucrative Haitian rebuilding contracts? American engineering consultancies and construction firms, you bet ya.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maxhealth @ Jan 14 2010, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>For every host ready and willing to give blood there are 1000 leaches waiting to latch on and drink them dry. Natures way is best. It has worked for millions of years before man decided what was best.</div>

Easily said from the top of the food chain. What about all the Americans that live in Haiti, isn't it your patriotic duty to help them?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maxhealth @ Jan 14 2010, 11:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Or does anyone seriously think we can support the world?</div>

lol

Obama is sending $100m on behalf of around 300million people, even if only a third of those people are tax payers thats still only $1 each. Better than China's per capita ratio but far behind most of the developed world.

Theres ~300,000 people in Iceland and they've sent 37 rescue workers even though their country is even more economically fucked than yours (and very far away). So unless Big O is going to send 37,000 rescue workers, Iceland has taken your place as supporter of the world.
    "One always looks neat in a hat made from meat" - Mark Twain

Thread Information